Why we are the best choice for your pet's surgical needs
Many pet owners are curious about what is involved when their pet is placed under anesthesia. At Apple Hill Animal Hospital, your pet's safety and comfort are our top priority so you can be sure that your pet will receive only the best and safest anesthetic and surgical care.
Our procedures include the following:
- Pre-Anesthetic Blood Work—ensures your pet is healthy enough to undergo a surgical procedure and that its internal organs can safely process the anesthesia.
- Safe Anesthesia—we use a combination of injectable anesthetics for most procedures. However, we use Propofol for our compromised patients.
- IV Catheter Placement—fluids are given during surgery to maintain blood pressure and to help your pet recover quickly from the anesthesia.
- Experienced Monitoring Support—our trained technicians use state-of-the-art anesthetic monitors to continuously monitor your pet's pulse rate, oxygen levels and blood pressure. Patients are kept warmed using heated circulating water blankets and heat packs. No patient is EVER left alone.
- Pain Medication—is administered prior to and after surgery to ensure your pet's comfort.
Veterinary Surgical Services
Apple Hill Animal Hospital provides surgical services for dogs and cats. We offer a clean and well-equipped facility and experienced team to provide your pet with high quality surgical care in a stress-free and relaxing environment.
Our team of veterinarians and technicians are experienced with a range of surgeries. All of our procedures include a thorough pre-surgical physical examination by a veterinarian, surgical monitoring, and lots of care and attention throughout the day.
We offer the following surgeries:
Soft Tissue Surgery
- Declaw (feline)
- Foreign Body Removal
- Gastropexy (stomach tack)
- Lumpectomy (tumor removal)
- Stenotic Nares Repair
- And other general surgeries as needed
- Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO) performed by Dr. Slewinski, a visiting board-certified veterinary surgeon